Tuesday 3 November 2009

SHOCK HORROR!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Current mood: productive

I've been contacted by a production company over in the United Kingdom. They would like me to go on over and audition for a role in a new movie they are making. Not sure what the part is yet but I do know its an old style horror flick.

I've dabbled with horror roles on a few occasions. Most notably in The Clawed Creeper, The Bottom Feeder, Mrs Pomroys Peculiar Perversion, Vampire Vacation, Hunt Scar Warrior, Shudders, Zombie Blood Feast, Zombie Blood Feast II: Dead Before Bedtime and The House Of Haunted Mirrors. Of course there were also the straight to video likes of Angel-face II, Alien Menace, Zombie Blood Feast III: The Return of the Teeth, Zombie Blood and Feast IV: The Nibblers.

So I guess someone over at this production company has seen me perform and thinks I could be good in this movie. I have a feeling its a horror anthology. You know, one of those stories where there are a load of little stories contained within it. Could be fun! It'd be interesting to see who else they have in mind for parts in it. Maybe I should suggest Simon Lotrans.

I think what I should do is get all my old horror movies out and watch them back. See where I went right and where I went wrong (yes, even I am capable of lousing it up sometimes!)

I think I'll watch some old Vincent Price and Boris Karloff films too. Then there are those anthology films like Asylum and From Beyond the Grave, those should keep me going until the script arrives.

Plus I can tell my Wife that its research and she won't be able to have a go at me for sitting around on my backside all afternoon!

Currently listening : Lionheart by Kate Bush. Release date: By 25 October, 1990
3:46 PM - 4 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

Richard
I love horror anthology films - "The Vault of Horror" is one of my favorites, Tom Baker of Doctor Who fame is in it.

The downside of such films for an actor is that they don't pay very well (only 1-2 days work).

Still good luck and enjoy the research!

Posted by Richard on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 4:29 PM

Charles Wynford Lodge
The two I just mentioned are favorites of mine. I also really like Dr Terror's House of Horrors. Nice to see Donald Sutherland in that one.

And who can forget Terry-Thomas in Vault of Horror too. What a wonderful actor he was. Such a cad!

A shame so many of these great performers are no longer with us.I often wonder what Carl Wark would be doing now if he hadn't had that terrible accident. Note I say ACCIDENT...

Maybe even Baxter Investigates... would still be running. Mind you we wouldn't have made the special if the series had still been going. And I got to work with some great actors on that.I

imagine Carl would have gone on to make big Hollywood movies... Poor guy.

Posted by Charles Wynford Lodge on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Richard
Yes Donald Sutherland is always good and the master of re-dubbing, when the original sound recording wasn't good enough. Happy 71st Birthday Donald! (I'm sure he reads your blog from time to time).

Carl Wark is sadly missed by all and those rumours, about his death, are totally unfounded.

Posted by Richard on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 11:13 PM

Charles Wynford Lodge
I didn't know that about the re-recording. How fascinating. We needed to re-record some audio on Baxter Investigates... Again! when one of the actors couldn't stop swearing. We had to get a sound-a-like to dub over all the bad words. I don’t know quite who the sound-a-like was supposed to sound like though!

I hope Donald does read my blog. I guess he'd have to be pretty bored to do so though!Thank you for your support on the whole Carl Wark thing. Even all these years later it is still hard to come to terms with.

Posted by Charles Wynford Lodge on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 12:08 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment