Saturday 7 November 2009

GOT OUT OF BED WASN'T FEELIN' TOO GOOD (Part 1)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Current mood: uncomfortable

Dick Muldul (my agent) called me today and woke me up. "Charles," he said. "I have exciting news!"

"What time is it?" I replied.

"A quarter past four."

"What!? Whats so goddamn exciting that you need to call me at this time in the afternoon?"

"I may have found you a job!"

He went on to explain that there was a new TV series being planned and that there could be a part in it for me. It was either as a Government Official, a Doctor, a Psychiatrist, some sort of detective or a Politician. Something like that. He was incredibly hazy on the details.

I am still keen on doing this horror film in the UK but a series could get me great exposure. I need more details. Why is he so hazy on the details! He can be such a schmuck sometimes!

As I was now awake I decided to go for an afternoon drive in the old Mustang. I stuck a tape on, Genesis by Genesis, and headed on out. It was great with the top down, feeling the cool air through my hair. As I was driving out in the country, cruising round mountain roads and along lakesides I saw a dusty figure stood by the side of the road. His extended thumb indicated his desire for a lift and being the nice guy I am I pulled up.

"Where you goin' buddy?" I enquired. He pulled out a postcard and pointed at the picture. "Oh, Polssog? Just so happens I live there. Hop in."

He hefted this big rucksack into the back seat and we set off back to town. He seemed pretty taken with the music I was playing. Tapping his thighs along with the beat. I tried to strike up a conversation.

"Phil Collins. Great drummer huh?"

He smiled and nodded.

"Mike Rutherford. Great guitarist huh?"

He smiled and nodded.

"Tony Banks. Great keyboardist huh?"

He smiled and nodded.

"Jessica Fletcher. Great crime novelist huh?"

He smiled and nodded.

I got the feeling he didn't have a clue what I was saying. He seemed a nice enough guy though and sure smiled a lot. And I couldn't hold not being able to speak English against him. I mean, except the English themselves most people that came to live in America couldn't speak English either!

Just as we neared the edge of town I heard a quick blast of a police siren and saw a flash of police lights. I pulled over and switched of the music.

The Cop pulled up behind us, got out and walked up alongside us. My passenger looked concerned. His smile had morphed into a look of panic. "It's okay it'll be a routine check I bet" I reassured him.

The Cop stood looking down on us and took off his shades, "Would you mind switching the engine off sir?" I switched it of. "Was I speeding officer?"

"Nope."

"The music? It wasn't too loud was it?"

"Nope"

"Thank god. So what is it? Tail light?"

"Pop the trunk please sir."

I thought he must want to check my spare. See if it was road-worthy. My passenger was now looking even more pensive. "Who's your friend?" asked the Police Officer.

"I dunno to be honest. I just picked him up back along the road there"

"I see..."

He opened the trunk. "Er. Sir, could you come here." I hopped out and stood next to him. "Care to explain?" he asked. I looked down and my jaw dropped. There huddled up in the trunk were two terrified looking mustachioed men. The cop turned to me, "Going to a Village People convention?" he smirked.

Part 2 coming soon!

Currently listening : Genesis by Genesis.

Release date: By 25 October, 1990

9:25 PM - 1 Comments - 1 Kudos - Add Comment

Richard
If this was a TV serial it would end with a zoom shot to your horrified face and dramatic #dun dun daahh# music!


Nice cliff-hanger ending - can't wait for part 2!


Posted by Richard on Monday, July 24, 2006 at 11:35 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment