Saturday 7 November 2009

GOT OUT OF BED WASN'T FEELIN' TOO GOOD (Part2)

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Current mood: sore

So there we all were. The Cop looking at me, looking at the stowaways, looking at the Cop and I.

"Th... They must have climbed in there when I... I... I stopped to let the other fella in", I stammered. The Police Officer turned his attention to the men and signaled them to get out of the trunk. They did so, slowly...

He got all four of us lined up up the side of the road. "Drivers License... DRIVER'S LICENSE!" he demanded. "Oh, sorry did you mean me?" I asked, fumbling for my license. "Here. It's all in order Officer."

He looked at it, then at me and finally back at the license. "Charles Wynford Lodge..."
"The actor..." I added.

Still looking over my license he said, "I know who you are."
"You do? Oh, well jeepers, you know I'm not the kinda guy to go ferrying Illegal Immigrants around town". He looked me in the eye, "Who said anything about Illegal Immigrants?" I gestured toward the dumbstruck mustachioed men, "Well I thought..."
"I am sure you will appreciate that carrying passengers in the trunk of your car is against the law. I noticed them get in there a little ways back up the road."
"You did? Well I had no idea they were in there."
"Well seeing as though your something of a local celebrity..." he began. "What do you mean, Something of!?" I interjected. "Something... of a local celebrity, I am willing to let it go this time. Do you know, its that old TV series of yours that made me want to become a cop in the first place, " he admitted smiling.
"You don't say."
"Yeh I do. I just did, just now...", he said looking confused.
"So you're saying if I had never made Baxter Investigates... you'd not have been a cop and I wouldn't have just been pulled over?"
He thought for a minute, "Yeh, I guess so. Although it was your sidekick, that Lewis Kendall character, I liked best. He was such a cool guy... I wrote to him once and got a signed photograph back."
"Who of?" I asked.

The Cop was staring up into the sky lost in some nostalgic never never land. He snapped back to reality and again fixed me with a steely glare, "Didn't he die? The guy that played Kendall?" I could feel the pressure rise, "It was an accident! A series of unfortunate events culminating in his death. No cover-up. No conspiracy. No murder plot. Just a god awful accident!" I blustered.
"Okay, Okay! I was only asking. I was just thinking. I bet that signed photograph would be worth a bit of money now..." concluded the cop.
"Did you ever get a signed photo from me?" I enquired.
"Nope."
"Do you want one?"
"Nope."

And so it was that he let me go on my way and he was kind enough to give the three guys a lift to town himself. There was more room in his car so it made sense really. I still feel a little put out that he didn't what my John Hancock though...

Currently listening : Invisible Touch by Genesis
Release date: By 25 October, 1990

1:24 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment